Economics of Hunting, Fishing, Boating, Wildlife Viewing & Other Outdoor Activities
Southwick Associates’ roots lie in quantifying the economic impact of fishing, hunting, wildlife viewing, boating and other outdoor pursuits. Our economic assessments have been used to:
- Help industries and conservationists explain the benefits associated with healthy and sustainably managed resources,
- Assist in legal cases,
- To increase awareness of the jobs, tax revenues and other contributions from specific industries,
- To determine economic and market values for wetlands and other public land acquisitions,
- Estimate resource damages, and
- Estimate the cost-benefits associated with management of impingement and entrainment at power utilities (EPA 316(b) issues).
We’ve put our economic expertise to work in a variety of outdoor sectors ranging from the alligator industry to public lands management to international sportfishing to 316(b) issues for power utilities. Let us help you!