We recently began the search for a Senior Research Analyst who is knowledgeable and experienced in quantitative socio-economic and human dimensions research. Our company provides a collaborative work environment with a 30 year track record of success in the outdoor recreation space. If you or someone you know is interested in applying for this position, the description is available below or at as a pdf at this link.
Senior Research Analyst
Who We Are:
Southwick Associates is an economics and statistics consulting firm specializing in serving state fish and wildlife agencies, outdoor equipment manufacturers, conservation and sportsmen’s NGOs and their supporting businesses. Celebrating 30 years, we are known as problem-solvers, developing solutions and new products now widely used by our client base. We are the go-to firm when difficult challenges arise, and answers are needed.
- Our employees work remotely via online tools from the location of their choosing.
- We believe that our company is family and provide a flexible work-life balance.
We’re looking for a Senior Research Analyst who is knowledgeable and experienced in quantitative socio-economic and human dimensions research.
- Education in applied natural resource economics, fisheries and wildlife management focused on human dimensions, or statistics.
- Must have quantitative data management and analytical skills.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working with state agencies, NGOs or businesses with a primary focus on outdoor recreation or a fish & wildlife resource-related mission.
- Master’s degree or higher or demonstrate strong analytical skills and experience.
- Proficiency with statistical packages such as R or SPSS.
- Must be a self-starting, self-disciplined, detail-oriented researcher who is able to work as a team with limited oversight.
- Interest in fishing, hunting, target shooting and/or the outdoors a plus.
Due to limited time, we will not respond to applicants not meeting the requirements
- Plan and conduct complex resource economic and statistical research projects, including informing the study design, database management, and detailed economic or statistical analysis.
- Design, field and analyze surveys to gather economic data using single or mixed modes.
- Primary and secondary data management, including tasks such as data standardization, quality control, documentation, or visualization.
- Manage or assist with the implementation of economic impact modeling with IMPLAN.
- Manage or assist with the development of consumer segmentation profiles.
- Prepare technical reports and assist with the development of public-facing summary reports as needed.
- Presentations to convey the results of the economic research in both a virtual and in-person setting. While travel may be necessary in the future it is not mandatory for any individual because the health and safety of our employees is of utmost concern.
- Serve as subject matter expert in areas of wildlife and outdoor recreation for team members as well as our clients, including participation on professional committees and public policy discussions.
- Manage communications with project team members and the client.
- Take the initiative to learn new analytical skills.
- Take on custom research projects as assigned, either solo or in support of a team.
- Pay is commensurate with experience
- Annual profit share
- Vacation is commensurate with experience
- We offer nine fixed holidays annually plus liberal leave the last week of the year
If interested, send resume or vitae to Donna@SouthwickAssociates.com. References and background will be checked. Posting closes on September 4th, 2020 or until filled.