Better Information…Better Decisions
Southwick Associates, Inc. specializes in shooting sports, hunting, angling, natural resource and environmental economics. We can help agencies understand the monetary issues behind the resources they manage, the economic costs and benefits imposed on regulated entities and the public, and changes to the customer base. Southwick specialty areas are listed below.
Our specialties include:
- Measuring the economic impacts and values of outdoor recreation: hunting, fishing, boating, wildlife viewing, trapping, and more;
- Helping outdoor-related companies understand their share of the market, the products and pricing demanded by customers, and how to better reach current and potential new customers;
- Quantifying outdoor recreation participation and trends;
- Natural resource, conservation and environmental valuation ; and
- Survey and panel evaluations.
Previous Projects and Experience include:
- Measuring the jobs, tax revenues and other economic contributions from fish and wildlife recreation within local, state and national economies;
- Assessing state license data bases and company sales records to identify who is entering or exiting outdoor sports, and how to address these trends;
- Determining the value of fish and mussels lost to industrial uses and accidents;
- Quantifying the value held by the public and recreational users natural resources, especially fish, wildlife and forest resources;
- Assessing the likelihood of visitor frequency, boating accidents, annual revenues for outdoor-related businesses, and other statistical analyses;
- Examining the trade volume, product flow and market shares for various outdoor-related industries; and
- Measuring the net economic effects of planned government programs or construction projects.