Monitoring trends and shifts in hunting and fishing license sales is vital if recruitment, retention, and reactivation (R3) efforts are to reach their maximum potential. Since license sales are one commonly used indicator of participation, understanding regional and national license sales trends helps state fish and wildlife agencies better understand their operating environment, and whether these trends exceed or underperform against regional averages. With these insights, states can identify when changes are needed or if current R3 efforts are on track. Producing R3 metrics – license sales growth, recruitment, renewal rates, and more – has been identified as a top need by nearly every R3 plan and organization.
Data dashboards provide quick, easy-to-interpret R3 insights. With the shift to API technology, states can see daily updates with minimal demands on staff. Click here to see the latest results and contact Lisa Parks (Lisa@SouthwickAssociates.com) for details.
Why your Agency Should Participate
We ask all states to join the R3Dashboard effort, share their license data, and collectively help remove one more hurdle to evaluating R3 efforts and ultimately increasing state license sales and revenues.
- Data Transmission Introduction (updated 11/07/2022)
- File Format Specification (updated 01/09/2023)
- Historical Data Request Details (updated 11/07/2022)
- Sale API Specification (updated 11/07/2022)
- Security Protocols (updated 11/07/2022)
- R3Dashboard – NDA Template (updated 10/19/2022)
- R3Dashboards Flyer (updated 09/22/2022)