Market Intelligence & Analytics Specific to the Outdoor Industry
Southwick Associates helps the outdoor community make smarter decisions. We help industry, non-profits and government agencies better understand their customers and the market trends within the outdoor arena. With our 20+ years of experience and insights, we can help in numerous ways:
Outdoor Media Market Research:
- Determine what consumers of specific outdoor media are buying,
- Identify the interaction between internet, television, print and other outdoor media
- Develop improved pricing and marketing strategies.
Business and Industry:
- Quantify the size of your market,
- Identify your market share – and your competitors’ share,
- Learn the features your customers really want in your products, and how much they are will to pay for it, and
- Help identify potential new markets that match your products using GIS and similar tools.
State Natural Resource Agencies:
- Develop new hunting and fishing license structures and pricing,
- Identifying optimal prices and revenues for existing licenses, and the trade-offs regarding numbers of anglers, hunters and excise tax impacts,
- Assess the type of person more likely to purchase your licenses, and the type more likely to lapse as a license customer,
- Understand the best avenues and methods to reach new or existing customers, and
- The factors that cause fishing and hunting licenses to increase or decline.
- Measure the economic impacts of agency-managed activities, or the potential economic impacts of proposed new actions,
Sportsmen’s and Conservation Not-for-Profits:
- Identify neighborhoods where high concentrations of potential new members are clustered,
- By examining past membership trends, we can identify the potential revenue change resulting from proposed dues or fee changes,
- Explain the political, economic and social impacts of proposed new legislation, activities or other changes.