For Immediate Release: February 23, 2012
FERNANDINA BEACH, Fla. — Southwick Associates has announced the brands hunters and shooters purchased most frequently in 2011. This list has been compiled from the 41,923 internet-based surveys completed by hunters and target shooters who volunteered to participate last year in HunterSurvey.com and ShooterSurvey.com polls.
The top hunting and shooting equipment brands for 2011 included:
- Top shotgun brand: Remington (24.6% of all purchases)
- Top muzzleloader brand: CVA (37.2% of all purchases)
- Top rifle brand: Remington (16% of all purchases)
- Top handgun brand: Sturm, Ruger (17.1% of all purchases)
- Top scope for firearms: Bushnell (16.7% of all purchases)
- Top rifle ammunition brand: Remington (25.5% of all purchases)
- Top shotgun ammunition brand: Winchester (32.1% of all purchases)
- Top handgun ammunition brand: Winchester (20.7% of all purchases)
- Top blackpowder brand: Pyrodex (47.9% of all purchases)
- Top balls, bullets, or shot brand: Hornady (31% of all purchases)
- Top arrow brand: Carbon Express (39.6% of all purchases)
- Top fletching brand: Blazer (23.6% of all purchases)
- Top broadhead brand: Rage (28.7% of all purchases)
- Top archery target brand: The Block (14.1% of all purchases)
- Top decoy brand: Mojo (16.5% of all purchases)
- Top game call brand: Primos (28.7% of all purchases)
- Top reloading bullet brand: Hornady (33% of all purchases)
- Top reloading powder brand: Hodgdon (36.7% of all purchases)
- Top binocular brand: Bushnell (31.3% of all purchases)
- Top holster brand: Blackhawk (15.1% of all purchases)
- Top knife brand: Buck (19.1% of all purchases)
- Top cover scent brand: Wildlife Research Center (25.7% of all purchases)
- Top shooting target brand: Shoot-N-C (29.5% of all purchases)
- Top clay brand: White Flyer (42.4% of all purchases)
The marketing data presented here is a summary of a 239-page report that details consumer behavior including what products and brands are purchased, where they are bought, how much customers spend, and demographics of hunters and shooters broken out by each product category. Current information about what gear and brands hunters and shooters prefer, how many days they spend afield and what type of hunting and shooting they enjoy most is vital to businesses trying to build their customer base.
You can stay abreast of consumer buying patterns and overall market trends by purchasing an annual subscription to Southwick Associates’ monthly HunterSurvey.com, ShooterSurvey.com and TargetShootingSurvey.com reports. Reports are available for specific product categories including firearms, ammunition, blackpowder, bowhunting and archery equipment, decoys, game calls, apparel, optics and more. To purchase a report or subscription, contact John DePalma at email@example.com.
About AnglerSurvey.com and HunterSurvey.com
Launched in 2006, AnglerSurvey.com, ShooterSurvey.com and HunterSurvey.com is a non-scientific survey designed to help the outdoor industry, government fisheries and wildlife officials and conservation organizations track consumer activities and expenditure trends. The information above represents only a small sample of the vast amount of data collected from the complete survey results and available to government agencies, businesses, the media and other interested parties. Results are scientifically weighted to best reflect the attitudes and habits of anglers and hunters across the United States.