Southwick Associated fields a quarterly survey at AnglerSurvey.com that helps the sportfishing industry and fish & wildlife agencies track angler participation and purchasing trends. Using email and the web, this service surveys a panel of anglers across the U.S. at the end of each quarter. Each survey will ask the participant if they:
- Fished in the previous months
- How many days they fished
- Which species they sought when they fished in the previous months
- Which types of fishing activities they undertook in the previous months
- Which fishing products they purchased in the past quarter, with sub-questions including: Brand purchased, Amount spent, Where the purchase was made (mass merchandiser, specialty store, independent, online, etc.), Details about the product (type of lure, etc.)
Fishing Participation & Equipment Purchases Annual Report
Single year-end topline AnglerSurvey report. Includes participation, and equipment purchases including brand purchased, price paid, and type of store for a wide range of products. Year-end and prior year information are presented for comparison.
Regular Price: $3,500
Fishing Participation & Equipment Purchases Report; Subscription (4 Reports)
Topline report tracking participation, and equipment purchases, including brand purchased, price paid, and type of store for a wide range of products. Report is compiled from information collected quarterly from the Southwick Associates proprietary sportfishing consumer panels. Subscription includes four quarterly reports and the annual year-end report.
Regular Price: $4,900. ASA Member Price: $4,165.
Reports by Activity
Topline report detailing participation and equipment purchase information for a specific activity of consumer. Reports available for the following activity:
- Bass Anglers (View Sample); (Available April 1, 2019)
- Fly Fishing
- Rod/Reel/Combo Purchasers
- Kayak Angling
Custom Reports/Special Topic Questions
Custom crosstabs and reports not available through the syndicated reports can be developed from the vast database of information collected through the Southwick Associates sportsmen panels. In addition, Southwick Associates allows space in each survey for inclusion of custom proprietary questions, available on a first-come basis.