Business growth depends on understanding consumers’ evolving needs and why they would choose one product over another. Not all firearms owners are the same, and each has their own motivation to own a firearm. In conjunction with the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), Southwick Associates produced the first-ever consumer segmentation study of U.S. firearms owners to help manufacturers and retailers understand them on a deeper level and identify new business opportunities. Eight unique segments of firearms owners were identified, based on their shared motivations for owning a firearm and product preferences – the true factors that drive their purchase decisions.
The comprehensive full report provides actionable insights needed to excel in the increasingly demanding firearms and accessories market. Key insights include:
- Motivations for hunting, shooting and firearms purchases.
• Types of shooting activities pursued.
• Detailed profiles for the unique protection-oriented segments.
• Products & accessories purchased in the past 12 months.
• Firearms they would like to buy in the next five years.
• Most important factors driving purchasing decisions for each segment.
• Shopping habits and annual amount spent.
• Their path to purchase (i.e. media usage, pre-purchase research, etc.).
The comprehensive full report as well as several supplemental reports are available from Southwick Associates. Reports available include:
- Full Report – U.S. Firearms Owner Consumer Segmentation
- Supplemental Report – Handgun Consumers: An In-Depth Exploration
- Supplemental Report – Modern Sporting Rifle Consumers: An In-Depth Exploration
- Supplemental Report – The At-And Away-From-Home Protection Market
Custom research is also available based on the proprietary database containing responses from more than 100,000 detailed consumer surveys. For more information, pricing and a list of the report’s contents, visit www.SouthwickAssociates.com or contact Nancy@SouthwickAssociates.com.